Effective: August 5, 2019
1. Tari App is Passionate About Privacy
Tari App (Meditari, LLC) is extremely passionate about protecting your personal information and privacy.
Tari App requires you to pay for a monthly subscription to use our app. By charging a monthly subscription, we vow to never show you ads or sell your data to any third party company or marketing agency.
Most apps that provide FREE subscriptions make their profits by selling your information. This is not a practice that TariApp supports or will ever take part in.
For legal reasons, we are obligated to disclose all the particulars of your data. That is what this document will detail. There are third-party services used by TariApp and integrated with TariApp that require the sharing of limited personal data.
For example, we use an email service called “SendGrid.” This is a third-party service that allows us to send you notifications about your account. Because we use their email delivery service to send an email, we share must pass your email address through their servers. Another example of data that might be sent to a third-party is if, for example, you connect your TariApp to your Facebook account. By connecting to Facebook, some limited personal data such as your name and email address may be passed to Facebook. It is Facebook that determines which data is required to connect to your Facebook account, and of those requirements, TariApp has no control.
While some third parties connected to TariApp (Meditari, LLC), may require some personal “account” information (for example, your name and email), your food log data, workout data, and health data will never be shared with any outside party external of Meditari, LLC.
141 Traction Street Suite #3
Greenville, SC 29611
2. Data Collected
Among the types of Personal Data that this Application collects, by itself or through third parties, there are Cookies; first name; last name; gender; phone number; profession; email address; country of location; state of location, city of location; primary reason for using TariApp; Various types of Data; Usage Data; billing address; geographic position; Approximate location permission (non-continuous).
Personal Data may be freely provided by the User, or, in case of Usage Data, collected automatically when using this Application.
Unless specified otherwise, all Data requested by this Application is mandatory and failure to provide this Data may make it impossible for this Application to provide its services. In cases where this Application specifically states that some Data is not mandatory, Users are free not to communicate this Data without consequences to the availability or the functioning of the Service.
Users who are uncertain about which Personal Data is mandatory are welcome to contact us.
Users are responsible for any third-party Personal Data obtained, published or shared through this Application and confirm that they have the third party’s consent to provide the Data to the Owner.
3. Legal Basis of Processing
4. Privacy Between Tari App Users
TariApp allows you to share information with friends and coaches. By sharing information, your friends and your coaches can help hold you accountable. In TariApp, there are three sharing settings:
- Public – If information is “public,” it means other members using TariApp will be able to see the information you allow.
- Friends – If information is shared with “friends,” it means other members to whom you have sent a friend request or from whom you have accepted a friend request can see the information you allow.
- Coaches – If information is shared with “coaches,” it means that members that you have added as a coach can see the information you allow.
The following settings are the default Privacy Settings in TariApp that can be changed at any time.
- Search Visibility – Allows people to search for you by name and add you as a friend or coach. The default setting is Public, which means people are allowed to search for you.
- View Profile – Allows who is able to see your profile picture, tagline, city/state, and age group. The default setting is Public, which means people are allowed to view your profile.
- Friend List – Allows who can view your friend’s list. The default setting is Friends & Coaches only.
- Goals Report – Allows who can view your Goal Report. The default setting is Friends & Coaches only.
- Custom Goals – Allows who can see your custom goals. The default setting is Friends & Coaches only.
- Health Log – Allows who can see your Health Log. The default setting is Friends & Coaches only.
- Food Log – Allows who can see your Food Logs. The default setting is Friends & Coaches only.
- Train Log – Allows who can see your Train Log (exercises and workouts). The default setting is Friends & Coaches only.
- Make Edits & Log Entries – This setting allows your coach (if you have added coaches in TariApp) to login and make edits and/or log entries to your TariApp account. This basically allows your coach to see any information you have in TariApp so they can advise you best. The default setting is ON if you have added coaches in TariApp.
- Contact Information – If you have a coach in TariApp, your contact information will be shared with your coach. If you have clients in TariApp, your contact information will be shared with your clients. There is no way to edit this setting. At minimum, your email address will be shared. If you do not want your phone number shared, do not add a phone number to your TariApp profile.
5. Third Parties
- Amazon Web Services
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a hosting and backend service provided by Amazon.
Cloudflare is a DNS hosting service provided by Cloudflare Inc.
Cloudinary is a hosting service provided by Cloudinary, Ltd.
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Application, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Personal Data collected: Cookies; Usage Data.
This service allows this Application to connect with the User’s account on the Facebook social network, provided by Facebook, Inc.
Permissions asked: Contact email.
TestFlight is an analytics service provided by Apple, Inc.
Personal Data collected: Cookies; email address; Usage Data.
Netlify is a hosting and application deployment service provided by Netlify, Inc.
Personal Data collected: Cookies; email address; Usage Data
Instabug is an application testing and error monitoring platform provided by Instabug, Inc.
Personal Data collected: Cookies, email address; Usage Data
SendGrid is an email notification and deployment platform provided by Twilio, Inc.
Personal Data collected: Cookies, email address; Usage Data
Cookies consist of portions of code installed in the browser that assist the Owner in providing the Service according to the purposes described. Some of the purposes for which Cookies are installed may also require the User’s consent.
Where the installation of Cookies is based on consent, such consent can be freely withdrawn at any time following the instructions provided in this document.
7. Rights of User
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of official authority vested in the Owner or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know, however, that should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn whether the Owner is processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible and always within one month.
9. Protection Of Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, email sent to or from the Platform may not be secure, and you should, therefore, take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.